The new generation of workers is technically smart, but vocational education and training (VET) programs did not go as expected. With smart devices the “1Point” concept can be introduced, which is based on work place learning. The 1Point project proposes an innovative practice in the digital age by re-applying the method used in industry in the field of vocational education and training.
The purpose of the 1Point project is to develop a methodology for training future industry maintenance professionals to promote employability by improving their competencies through the use of ICT technologies, mobile devices, including gaming aspects.
Objectives of the operation and expected results:
- Identify current needs in the field of maintenance professionals
- Identify key competencies for maintainers
- Develop training content that meets the needs of the labour market and contribute to the curriculum;
- Develop a 1Point methodology in the field of VET
- Develop an online learning platform
- Develop an application and a set of practical guidelines for training providers.
01.11.2020 – 31.10.2022