National Europass Centre Slovenia
The purpose of the National Europass Centre Slovenia
The National Europass Centre Slovenia was set up at the initiative of the European Commission, in line with the Decision of the European Parliament and of the Council on a single framework for the transparency of qualifications and competences (Europass), that was adopted by the European Parliament and the Council in December 2004. The aim of the initiative is to support recording of knowledge and competencies as well as promoting of international mobility.
Europass is the common name for the international system and documents for recording acquired knowledge and experience. Its aim is to enable an easier personal presentation to employers, educational and other institutions. All Europass documents are free of charge and available in all European languages.
The National Europass Centre Slovenia has been hosted by the National Institute of the Republic of Slovenia for Vocational Education and Training (CPI) since 2005.
National Europass Centre Slovenia spreads knowledge of the Europass system and connects stakeholders at the national and European level by providing efficient and user-friendly solutions.
Its main tasks:
- Inform the general public about Europass tools and services;
- Support sending partner institutions and individuals in issue of the Europass Mobility documents (for international learning and working experience);
- Coordinate and support the issue of Europass Certificates Supplements (VET educational programs);
- Inform on related content in the fields of education and work;
- Participate in the European network of national Europass centres and other initiatives as well as cooperate with relevant national stakeholders;
- Participate in the further development of the Europass initiative.